Shocks and struts are one of the critical components that control your vehicle’s steering, stopping and stability. As they begin to wear or degrade, they lose their ability to control lean or sway and provide tire grip or adhesion when encountering bumps. Properly functioning shocks and struts will:
- Keep your tires on the road
- Give the vehicle a comfortable ride
- Help maintain alignment
- Stabilize the vehicle
- Prolong the life of other parts of the suspension
When a shock or strut is not operating properly, you may notice several warning signs:
- Your car will continue to “rock” after hitting a bump
- Your car’s ride will begin to feel bouncy or mushy
- Nose dives on hard braking
- Excessive fluid leakage
- Broken or worn bushings
- Unusual tire wear
Because these changes occur gradually over time, they may be difficult to notice.
Bowman’s Auto Service can inspect your shocks and struts for you anytime.